Assistant Manager - Huyton
32 hours per week / £8.13 per hour
Job Role: Assistant Manager
Reports to: Shop Manager
Assist the Manager in ensuring the success of a retail bakery outlet by managing the team effectively, maximising sales and ensuring appropriate controls are in place.
Deputise for the Manager, as required.
Ensure that both Company and legislative requirements are met in relation to customer care, displays and merchandising, food hygiene, health and safety, ordering and stock control.
Key Result Areas
- Ensure that the team consistently demonstrates selling techniques, such as offering alternative products and promotional lines.
- Maintain all displays and counters, ensuring that they look attractive and clean throughout the whole day.
- Ensure product availability, in line with company standards, reporting any issues as appropriate.
- Advise Area Sales Manager of any customer needs and sales opportunities currently not being met and implement agreed solutions.
- Monitor and control waste, in line with levels agreed with your Manager.
- Ensure that all documentation (e.g. relating to Sales, Hours and Waste targets) is fully completed to the agreed standard and timescale.
- Ensure that all documentation relating to Food Safety and Health & Safety is fully completed to the agreed standard and timescale.
- Roster staff effectively, maximising sales opportunities and meeting hours levels agreed with your manager.
- Monitor sickness and absence, ensuring that all relevant documentation is complete and that appropriate follow up action is taken.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to your work, customers and colleagues.
- Maintain consistent attendance with no unauthorised absence.
- In the absence of the Shop Manager, take ownership for all tasks, duties and responsibilities, ensuring they are completed to the agreed standard.
- Assist Shop Manager to motivate and manage the team effectively, providing clear direction and delegating as appropriate.
- Set and demand high standards from the team.
- Assist Shop Manager to recruit and induct Sales Team Members, as agreed with the Area Sales Manager.
- Highlight to the Shop Manager any under performance by Sales Team Members.
- Ensure that all members of your team complete all aspects of their Induction and are fully trained, so that they are able to meet company standards in all areas.
- Ensure that you attend Food Safety and Health and Safety training courses as directed by the company.
- Take care of your own Health and Safety and that of your colleagues and customers who may be affected by what you do (or don’t do).
- Inform your Area Manager of any concerns you have regarding the safety of the products, yourself, your staff and your customers
- Provide customers with a polite, friendly, efficient and personal service
- Assist the Shop Manager in ensuring that the team provides a polite, friendly, efficient and personal service.
- Deal with all customer comments, complaints and accidents in a positive manner, following company procedures and taking appropriate follow up action.
- Develop excellent product knowledge and advise customers in a professional and helpful manner.
- Assist Shop Manager to strive to improve the operation and implement advice/suggestions as appropriate.
- Assist Shop Manager to control health, safety and food hygiene standards, in order to meet both company and legislative requirements, ensuring that you follow all instructions given by the business.
- Assist Shop Manager with ensuring the team complies fully with procedures relating to security, cash handling, operating tills and key holding, reporting any deviation to your manager.
- Assist Shop Manager in ensuring company marketing, promotional and pricing initiatives are implemented and supported to plan.